Hey Carlo

Thanks very much for that info on Parallels and the Mac App Store....things just keep getting better with Apple! Yay.

Best regards

Chris

On 28/12/2010, at 11:46 AM, cm wrote:

Hi Chris,

I have been using Parallels for some time now over many incarnations of OS X, so while I cannot guarantee the latest version will run with 10.5.8, I am fairly confident it will... I just checked the Parallels website and indeed Leopard 10.5.8 is supported - though no version of Tiger 10.4 is.

As for the Mac App Store, here is a link:
http://www.apple.com/au/mac/app-store

Basically it is the same as the iPhone / iPad App Store except that it will sell apps for the Mac. You will be able to search the most popular apps, read user reviews and then download and install the app to your Mac with one click. It is a fairly safe bet that your current Apple ID and iTunes login will work on the Mac App Store as will your iTunes gift cards. I was lucky enough to receive some gift cards for Christmas so I will be amongst the virtual door crashes when the store opens.

By the way, I notice from the link above that the store opens on January 7 in Australia and not on January 6 as in the US.

Cheers,
Carlo

Sent from my iPad