Thanks Ronni. Unfortunately the Skype account in question falls into the first
category, ie. never paid for any Skype feature. I have contacted Skype, but no
joy, Skype quoting 'privacy reasons'. My argument was that if a user could
change the Skype profile email address to a current email address it must mean
that the person changing the profile email address has the Skype password,
hence emailing the reset password details to the profile email address
shouldn't be a problem, a point which Skype acknowledged but it couldn't help
due to 'privacy reasons'. Basically a scripted answer which doesn't hold water.

Based on the limited articles I've found on the web, it seems that Keychain
Access doesn't actually store the password itself, it stores some kind of code
which verifies the user to Skype, and then allows the log in to proceed.
Something like that anyway.

For any other Skype users out there, consider manually typing your Skype
password into the 'Comments' section of the account in Keychain Access.

Cheers, Steven