Hi Severin & Ray,

The solution is to make the admin group, which usually has your user account as
a member, a member of the lpadmin group

1. Open the Terminal application, located in Applications > Utilities, and type
the following (or copy and paste the following line into Terminal)

dseditgroup -o edit -p -a admin -t group _lpadmin

2. Then press the Enter key.

3. You will be prompted for your password.
Enter your password and you should see a message about a change was made.

4. Quit Terminal

5. Restart the computer and printer.

17" MacBook Pro  Intel Core i7
2.66GHz / 8GB / 1067 MHz DDR3 / 500GB Serial ATA Drive @ 7200rpm