From: wamug-ow...@wamug.org.au [wamug-ow...@wamug.org.au] On Behalf Of Susan Hastings [susanhasti...@me.com]
Sent: Tuesday, 25 January 2011 1:58 PM
To: WAMUG Mailing List
Subject: Re: Mobile broadband - "best" prepaid service

Hi, my mistake, it says 10gig of included data on the website, not 12.
Susan.

On 25/01/11 1:40 PM, "Susan Hastings" <susanhasti...@me.com> wrote:

Hi Mark, I quite like the little broadband hotspot devices. They cost the
same as the USB dongles, but provide for more than one person to access
the internet through the wireless setup. Telstra's device (Telstra Mobile
WiFi) costs $129.00 outright, with 5gig of included data valid for 90
days.

The best way to have occasional internet access that doesn't expire at the
end of each month is to pay for the 90 day plans, OR

Bite the bullet and pay for 365 days, which with Telstra costs $150.00 and
includes 12gig of data. I am using this option with my iPad as well, as I
found month by month plans meant that I was always topping up before they
expired so as not to lose unexpired data, and then accumulating more and
more gigs which I had no hope of ever using because I wasn't able to
download anything over about 200mb at a time on 3G.

There are no problems with using Telstra for 3G access in my experience, I
want the best coverage I can get, which seems to be their network.

My thoughts based on personal experience.

Cheers, Susan.