You can't take your 27" iMac??? Why not? (Lol j/k)

Yes the new MacBook Air's are fast coming great machines for a lot of
things.
One thing my clients noticed with the models I sourced for them, was that
the 4GB RAM (Over the 2GB) made quite a big difference. So if you can go the
faster model with more RAM (or even the other models with the upgrade) try
and go for it. As always, the more RAM helps.
And certainly if you're going to be uploading a lot of pics the largest
drive you can afford (or want) will help as well.
Nothing worse then running out of space.

Overall the new Air's are great little machines. Certainly been selling
better the previous models (from my experience anyway). And they run very
well.

Just my 2c's worth. Hope that helps.

Kind regards
Daniel

On 24/2/11 6:58 AM, "Rod Blitvich" <rb...@iinet.net.au> wrote:

> Hi WAMUGers
> (keep up the great work Ronni & Daniel!)
>
> These reviews suggest the MacBook Air is a serious contender for the
> travelling photographer.
> That's me.
> I have a 27 inch iMac at home. and a work macbook pro.
> BUT i can't take either when I'm camping/fishing/trekking the Gibb River Road
> etc .
> Whilst on tese trips I take heaps of pics and like to download them, edit them
> etc. Primarily using Aperture 3.
>
> I have been saving up to buy my own laptop for these trips (since the white
> macbook(great!!) i bought from Roger K started to get long in the tooth,
> battery not holding charge etc)
> I had convinced myself the Air was not worth thinking about.
> Maybe I should think again?
>

> http://www.macworld.com/article/158047/2011/02/mbaforphotographers.html
> http://www.macworld.com/article/158048/2011/02/photography_workflows_mba.html#
> lsrc.rss_main
>
> Cheers
> Blitto
>

> Rod Blitvich  - Amy & SamĀ¹s Dad
> . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
>  0409 681 256
>  rb...@iinet.net.au
>  http://web.me.com/blitto
>
> I haven't lost my mind......
>  .......it's backed up on disk somewhere!

---
Daniel Kerr
MacWizardry

Phone: 0414 795 960