Yes Daniel, you and I would like to see this happen, but it won’t happen!

Apple AirPort base stations (including the Time Capsule) don't include modem
functionality.
I imagine it's because Apple doesn't want to sell two versions of each base
station, one for DSL and the other for cable.

I believe different DSL providers use differing technology.
Integrating an ADSL bridge into an Airport device would limit the number of
providers who would be able to utilise the integration.

It would be nice though!