Hi Eugene

You don't normally need to run the software.
Generally you can log in from a web interface and log in to the Netgear
direct and set it up from there.
(Most Netgears are 192.168.0.1 by default).
Then you can follow the web wizard to set it up. :)

If it's got the VoIP feature built in, then you may just need to log in
manually as above and set it up (or check it's set up).

Kind Regards
Daniel

On 2/3/11 12:40 PM, "Eugene" <edeg...@helena.wa.edu.au> wrote:

> Hi Daniel, Derek, Ronni, Carlo, Rob and anyone else I've missed,
>
> thanks for your response regarding my toasted router woes.
>
> The router power plug was on a surge board but I didn't have a power protector
> on the telephone line coming in. I suspect that was the culprit as other
> devices on the same board were unaffected.
>
> I rang up iiNet support and they had no other Bob Lites (the normal Bob is too
> expensive) so suggested the Billion or a D-Link
>
> Going by the whirlpool forum they recommended a billion.
>
> I went out and searched all over Midland including the normal places like
> Harvey (only stocked a very expensive NetCom - not very helpful), Dickies, JB
> and GoodGuys had no Voip modems, OfficeWorks had a netcom for $90 less than
> Harvey.
>
> Ended out at Austin computers and they only had the low end netgear for $139.
> So far this seems equal to the task of the old Belkin.
>
> SetUp unfortunately is through the dark side - just as well fusion is
> installed on my Mac.
>
> The supplied software wizards installed and connected to the internet and
> wireless fine.
>
> Voip is still not configured so I'm waiting on a call back from iiNet to solve
> that one.
>
> Thanks again for your help and Rob for forwarding the message to the forum.
>

>                       Regards,
>                       Eugene

---
Daniel Kerr