Hi Carlo

You have a deeper understanding than me of the underlying technologies
involved, and thanks again for taking the time to explain extensively, it's
appreciated. It's interesting, though pushes the limits of my technical
capacity.

Without wanting to be argumentative, I still think that regardless of technical
considerations and limitations, a move like this by Apple has failed to do the
right thing by that subset of customers who use MobileMe by virtue of its
failure to inform, basic Change Management 101 stuff. The ramifications are
quite tangible. Fortunately in my case I generated only one calendar
invitation, to four invitees, before I figiured what was happening, but even
then the flow on effects have wasted at least an hour of my time, as well as
creating confusion and wasted the time of others. Multiply that a few million
times, that's a potentially far reaching impact. Whether or not the transition
is justified overall, the implementation has been botched by limiting the
ability for layman consumers to make an informed decision, or plan for any
impact it may have. It wouldn't surprise me if Apple finds itself on the
receiving end of a legal action or two for failure to warn against a
foreseeable consequence. Maybe the effect was buried in the fine print
somewhere, but even if it was, this should have been a warning in BIG CAPS.

Anyway, hoping for that future iteration soon! Surely there'll be plenty of
call for it. Personally I've gotta put calendar invitations on hold, and no
doubt it means I've gotta stop accepting invitations as well since the
acknowledgment will no doubt issue from me.com. Lots of manual input :-(

Cheers, Steven