Okay...Laptop has been on for 3 hrs now but not doing anything, on charge, not
gone to sleep, just screen turned off
everything seems to be fine so far....so what your saying about the memory
might be a goer

Console is logging the crashes as (or very similar too):

com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[112]      (com.apple.ReportCrash.Self[2843]) Job
appears to have crashed: Abort trap

On 29/03/2011, at 9:10 PM, Daniel Kerr wrote:

> Also see if you can check Console to see if anything is reported there for
> the crashing apps. (or not launching apps).
> That can list info that's helpful sometimes too.
>
> Also, look at MemTest ( I think it's called) and see if the RAM is ok.
> Incase there is something wrong there and after a few hours is filling up
> the RAM and getting to a "faulty part".
>
> Worth a try
>
> Kind Regards
> Daniel
> ---
> Daniel Kerr
> MacWizardry
>
> Phone: 0414 795 960
> Email: <daniel @ macwizardry . com . au>
> Web:   <http://www.macwizardry.com.au>
>

> **For everything Macintosh**

Ashley Mulder
BSc (Forensic and Analytical Chemistry) | (Forensic Science Hons.)
PhD Student (Chemistry)
Department of Chemistry
Curtin University
ashley.mul...@student.curtin.edu.au