Hi Carlo

Computer froze, so I ran Disk Utility, received the failure notice and then restarted using the install disk intending to run disk utilities from there but received kernel panic. I have run Tech Tools Pro which has not come up with any problems, computer appears to be running ok.

Regards

Clive
On 26/04/2011, at 10:18 AM, cm wrote:

Hi Clive,

It sounds like it could be a hard drive failure. Under what circumstances did you start the re-install of OS X, was there a problem reading or writing files or did you just want to upgrade?

Cheers,
Carlo

On 2011-04-26, at 10:08, Clive Slater wrote:

Hi I have G5 Dual 2Ghz running 10.5.8, it is receiving a "FILE SYSTEM VERIFY FAILED OR REPAIRED FAILED" from Disk Utility and is having a Kernel Panic when starting from install DVD 10.5.7. I saved the log file but don't actually know what I am looking for, have tried to restart in "single mode" but kernel panic there as well. Any suggestions

Regards

Clive