On 09/05/2011, at 7:34 PM, Reg Whitely wrote:

> Hi All WAMUGgers
>
> Is there a free (ish) website production program for Windows, similar to iWeb
> or Sandvox, or a Web 2 site that does this? I want the kids to be able to
> experiment and develop simple web pages but in my classroom we have mainly
> Win XP2 machines along with my three MacBooks with iWeb and Sandvox. They
> can't all use the Macs, sadly, hence the need to preferably go cross
> platform, or use something in Windows which is similarly user-friendly, just
> like Comic Life does. Failing this I may well just use Wordpress and get them
> to set up blog sites.
>
> Regards
> Reg

There's always Seamonkey (Mozilla) with its Composer module.
<http://www.seamonkey-project.org/doc/features>. Composer is a basic WYSIWYG
HTML Editor. I haven't used it in years, but it is still there, and completely
cross-platform. Ir doesn't have the slickness of iWeb or Sandvox, but it
certainly allows for the creation of simple web pages, and being a full HTML
Editor (unlike iWeb or Sandvox) allows for plenty of experimentation.

FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer
Perth, Western Australia
Phone (618) 9332 6482    Mob 0403 046 948