Adrian

No, reapplying the Combo update should hopefully get you back to how the
computer should have been if you didn’t run out of battery. When manually
installing the update make sure you select to install it on the Hard Drive
of the Macbook Pro connected via target disk mode, I think its a yellow
icon.

Kind Regards

Patrick Lawrence