Just wondering what people's experiences with these chargers are (good and bad)

In my house we have three macbooks. I have just watched the fourth Magsafe
adaptor keel over in a six month period. This latest charger I bought only 4
weeks ago.

I was slightly unnerved by the merciless panning of the item on the Apple Store
online reviews - now I know why! Trouble is when I return this I will get the
same defective shite in exchange.

Is Apple facing the biggest recall in their history or am I just unlucky?

My T shaped magsafe for my MB Pro (2008) still works perfectly, incidentally.

DD