On 01/06/2011, at 5:06 PM, tom samson wrote:

> I see that our iMacs -we now have one each 2.8 intel 21 and 24 inch can max
> the Ram at 6 GB but Apple says 4 GB. If I bought 2 x 4 Gb what happens to the
> iMac seeing them and which way round should the Ram go if I have a 4 GB and a
> 2 GB - to equal the theoretical maximum?
> tom samson

You don't specify the age of the iMacs so it's difficult to comment. The
earliest 21.5 inch iMac listed by MacTracker is the "late 2009" model, which
has the maximum installable RAM at 16Gb. The closest 24 inch in age ("Early
2009")  - the last of the 24 inch iMacs - specifies 8 Gb as the maximum
installable. Neither of these models should have any trouble with 2 x 4Gb.

FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer
Perth, Western Australia
Phone (618) 9332 6482    Mob 0403 046 948