On 10/06/2011, at 4:28 PM, Severin Crisp wrote:

> Following Ronni's words of wisdom on preparing for Lion I had a look at my
> applications with System Profiler.  A number are marked as  "Native
> (preferred) or Classic"
> What exactly does this mean?  For example, Corel Painter 8 is so marked and
> runs happily in 10.5.8 Leopard.
> I am not looking at Lion but just curious

Hi Severin,

 "Native (preferred) or Classic" is not Intel-native but PowerPC.
Native means its better to boot into OS 9.2 than to run it through Classic

Any items labelled "Classic" or "PowerPC" will not work with Lion.
ONLY Universal & Intel will run in Lion OS X 10.7

17" MacBook Pro 2.3GHz Quad-Core i7 “Thunderbolt"
2.3GHz / 8GB / 750GB @ 7200rpm HD

OS X 10.6.7 Snow Leopard
Windows 7 Ultimate (under sufferance)