Hi Tom,

I use a Uniden DSS-8955+2 answering machine that came with 3 handsets. I bought it off eBay from this dealer.

<http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/UNIDEN-5-8-GHz-DIGITAL-CORDLESS-PHONE-DSS-8955-2-WI-FI-/330530419882?pt=AU_Telephones&hash=item4cf525f4aa >

The product is described as refurbished, which means they could be factory returns. I've had no problems with them. At $69 and including 3 handsets the price is 1/2 to 1/3 of what you expect to pay from others. There are also more expensive looking units as well. They are all WiFi friendly.

The answering machine works as expected but as mentioned I prefer the e-mail answering machine as I might not be home when a call comes in and I can respond to it at work.

The answering machine can be accessed from any handset in the house and the handsets work as intercom units - great for waking up the kids.

Eugene