On 16/06/2011, at 8:16 AM, Skehan Adrian wrote:

> Good morning Severin,
>
> The last 2 Epson multi functions (Print, Scan, Copy and Fax) I have bought
> came with with all software including some OCR and CD/DVD Printing software
> all of which works very well.

Can you tell us what OCR software ships with Epsons these days? This is my one
remaining area of concern with the impending loss of Rosetta support in Lion.
My Canon MP970 came with Omnipage SE which, while an excellent OCR program, is
PowerPC only. I'm still in the throes of deciding which way to go with OCR
(assuming that Nuance do not upgrade Omnipage to a Universal or Intel version
before July) and I'm currently vacillating between ABBYY Fine Reader and
ReadIRIS Pro. I'm still open to good alternatives. The Apple market is no
longer rich in this area.

FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer
Perth, Western Australia
Phone (618) 9332 6482    Mob 0403 046 948