From: Ronda Brown <ro...@mac.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2011 10:41:07 +0800
To: wamug <wamug@wamug.org.au>
Subject: Re: OT : iPhone syncing error

Hi Maureen,

I think you are using an iPhone 3G S not the original iPhone 3G.
Often the ³An Unknown Error occurred 1140" is related to the ³iPod Photo
Cache².
"iPod Photo Cache
This folder is created by iTunes if you choose to sync your iPhoto library
with a photo capable iPod. It contains cached information about the last
time the photos were synced and help speed up the syncing process, allowing
iTunes to tell which photos have changed since the last sync and only update
those ones²

Are you syncing any photos?

Try deleting the iPod Photo Cache, which is created in the iPhoto database
when transferring photos to an iPod, iPhone, and iPad.

With iPhoto 09, quit iPhoto if launched and using the Finder go to Pictures
> iPhoto Library.

Control-click on the iPhoto Library and at the menu window that appears,
select Show Package Contents.

Locate the iPod Photo Cache folder and delete this folder.

Try syncing photos again. All selected photos will need to be re-optimized
again, which will automatically create a new iPod Photo Cache folder in your
iPhoto library.

See if you can now sync your iPhone.

17" MacBook Pro 2.3GHz Quad-Core i7 ³Thunderbolt"
2.3GHz / 8GB / 750GB @ 7200rpm HD

OS X 10.6.7 Snow Leopard
Windows 7 Ultimate (under sufferance)