Hi Reg,

Re: Windows 7 Upgrade and Fusion 3
When you install the Windows 7 upgrade disk on a new (blank) drive or virtual
machine just skip the S/N field during the initial install.
Leave it blank and click next. When the install completes implement method #2
on this
website.http://www.winsupersite.com/win7/clean_install_upgrade_media.asp?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter>

This will allow you to submit your S/N and activate with Microsoft.
<http://communities.vmware.com/thread/238899>

Sent from Ronni's iPad