Ah, I remember now what the issue with that old inactive mail account. One of
my draft messages disappeared, one which I access on an ongoing basis to store
and add notes on a particular subject. After searching my machine with
Spotlight, found it in some obscure folder ... related to that same old
inactive mail account.

Steven