Hi all
I just had a strange thing happen, I use a MacBook Pro, 2.53GHz Intel Core 2
Duo with 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3, Mac OS 10.6.8.
I'm in the process of changing accounting systems from MYOB to MoneyWorks
Cashbook , and I am running both in tandem until I change over, being happy
with the new program.
I only mention this as I was running both switching between as entering
information.
As I was entering some information into MYOB I suddenly found I couldn't enter
the information any more and the spinning ball appeared (actually in black and
white, not as usual coloured) This continued for about three minutes then
everything disappeared except for a plain blue screen, no spinning ball. I left
this screen to see what would happen for about fifteen minutes then shut down
the computer using the on off button. I waited for a while then re booted and
the computer restarted no problems, everything seems OK. Ran disk utilities and
verified the hard disk, no apparent problems. Re ran disk permissions (had
already done this earlier today when backing up with SuperDuper.
Never had this happen before, is it a signal that something's wrong? Should I
be worried?
Regards
Peter