Aha,

Getting somewhere.

So - when I SEND to the WAMUG list using Mail app and the Bigpond mail servers,
then my own message comes back to me via the WAMUG list as I would expect.
But when I SEND the same using my default Gmail mail server, I don't get it
back.

I don't understand why this is the case, but at least I have refined down where
the problem may lie and I have a work around - simply select Bigpond server
when sending a message to the list.

Thanks

Tim