hi Derek
the phone adapter is looking like a smaller modem & just does the analog to
digital conversions needed for the phone line through internet, the phone
adapter uses a cat5 cable to the netgear router/modem
i think this adapter is not available anymore, but instead you can get
modem/router/phone combos, eg the bob series from iinet, or:
http://www.netgear.com/home/products/default.aspx & look for voip
James

SAD Technic
U3 6 Chalkley Pl
Bayswater WA
Australia
+618 9370 5307
mob 0414 421132 (international +614 14421132)
sad...@iinet.net.au
http://www.members.iinet.net.au/~saddas/

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties
disappear and obstacles vanish.