Hi Carlo & Bill,

We went through this with Bill back on 27 July 2011. I’ve pasted my reply below
FYI.

/Pasted email:

Subject:        Re: Mobile me
              Date:     27 July 2011 1:14:27 PM AWST
        To:     WAMUG <wamug@wamug.org.au>

On 27/07/2011, at 12:22 PM, Bill Parker wrote:

> How do I disable mobile me?
>
> Bill

Hi Bill,

First a question: Why delete it when you have it until June 30, 2012?

At least you will have the benefit of MobileMe until then and I'm told you will
be able to have an iCloud account at the same time as your MM account, until
said date.

<http://www.apple.com/au/support/mobileme/>

<http://www.apple.com/mobileme/transition.html>

The only change I have made so far is to move my MobileMe hosted Website over
to HostingServicesWA (Daniel Kerr Mac Wizardry).

If you still really wish to delete your MobileMe Account:

Have you saved all your files that were stored on your MobileMe iDisk?
<http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4701>

If you are still within a paid subscription you can cancel it and get a
proportional refund by contacting Support.
Go to <https://expresslane.apple.com> . Click on 'More Products & Services' in
the left column, then when the centre column populates click on 'MobileMe'.
Choose a category in the third column and click 'Continue’.
In the page which opens select a category and add a description of your
problem.
Click 'Continue' to be led through support options.

If your subscription has expired and been extended for free you have no need to
cancel but obviously you can delete any items you don't want to be on your
iDisk etc.

If you cancel your subscription you should do the following first.

        • Go to System Preferences>MobileMe>iDisk and if you have turned iDisk
Syncing on, turn it off.
        • Go to System Preferences>MobileMe>Sync and stop all syncing.
        • Go to System Preferences>MobileMe and click 'Sign Out'. Remove your
username and password.

Failure to carry out these steps may result in error messages after the account
has been cancelled.

Also go to (user)/Library/Preferences/ByHost and delete all plist files
beginning with com.apple.DotMacSync...   Reboot.

If you only have the free 'Find My Phone' account you don't need to cancel it,
just stop using it.

17" MacBook Pro 2.3GHz Quad-Core i7 “Thunderbolt"
2.3GHz / 8GB / 750GB @ 7200rpm HD

OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard
Windows 7 Ultimate (under sufferance)

/end of pasted email