when i were a lad……

our first mac at home was a black Performa system, forgotten the specs, but it
was a costly $4000+ for education special price
This was upgraded to an iMac DV SE (the first mac with a dvd drive)
followed by a Core 2 Duo 17" iMac (2006)
Which has been upgraded to a Core 2 Duo 21" iMac (2009)

the performa and the first iMac were awesome….i remember playing Glider Pro on
both systems (along with FA-18 Hornet fighter) and remembering how cool Mac OS
9 was compared to OS 8

On 01/09/2011, at 10:12 AM, <stuart.ev...@t4.com.au> wrote:

> Ah the happy times when we were just glad to be able to do basic graphic
> stuff on a mac. The Lisa, The Mac Plus, The Mac SE. Oh how grand I thought I
> was when I got the extension card for my Mac SE so I could hook up a 20"
> Greyscale monitor and do my programming on a big screen!  Of course the
> problem with reminiscing is showing your age!
>
> The kids these days are pretty spoilt when it comes to technology.
>
> When I were a lad.............

Ashley Mulder
BSc (Forensic and Analytical Chemistry) | (Forensic Science Hons.)
PhD Student (Chemistry)
Department of Chemistry
Curtin University
ashley.mul...@student.curtin.edu.au