Don't know about BootCamp but eTax runs a treat under Windows XP and VMWare
Fusion.
Finding missing product keys, now that is a nasty one!
Severin Crisp

On 05/09/2011, at 9:57 PM, Ray Forma wrote:

> I had a bright idea about sending in my tax return electronically for the
> first time.
>
> I remembered that I had the install disk for Windows XP Home Edition (version
> 2002) that belonged to an old wintel PC that ended up here many years ago. I
> found the package, still unopened, so decided to see if it would install on
> my Mac.
>
> Fired up Boot Camp assistant and created a 20GB Fat-32 partition on my HD.
> Unpacked and inserted the Windows CD and it started installing. After a while
> the installer asked for the product key from the Certificate of Authenticity
> label that was on the old wintel PC. Could not proceed because I had long ago
> put out in the white-goods collection the sick old wintel PC.
>
> The questions therefore are:
>
> 1 Will the tax software run under Windows XP Home Edition (version 2002)
> running on my Mac with Boot Camp?
>
> 2 How can I find out what was the product key on the Certificate of
> Authenticity label that was on the discarded wintel PC?
>
> 3 Should I just give up and stick to the paper tax return?
>
> Regards,
>
> Ray Forma
> Mob +61 (0) 428 596938

                   Assoc Professor R Severin Crisp, FIP, CPhys, FAIP
       15 Thomas St, Mount Clarence, Albany, 6330, Western Australia.
                    Phone  (08) 9842 1950   (Int'l +61 8 9842 1950)
                            email  mailto:sevcr...@westnet.com.au