Anybody know how I can make a server think I'm somewhere other than where I
really am (geographically speaking)?

Say I need to post something to a website which allows me to post only if I'm
within a particular country (not necessarily the same country as the website's
server). I assume my internet service provider provides details of my
geographical location to the server. Is there any way of stopping the provision
of this information? Or better still, providing an IP address for the country I
want the server to think I'm in?

I suppose somebody's going to tell me it's a breach of some code or law, I'm
pleading ignorance, but it's all above board - just some dumb technical hoop I
need to jump through.

Cheers, Steven