On 15/09/2011, at 8:57 PM, Stephen Chape wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I almost installed this a few months ago, but then became concerned about
> security.
> Where is the data stored and could anyone gain access to it ?
> The "all your eggs in one basket" issue also worries me !
>
> Am I being overly concerned ?
>
> Regards,
> Stephen Chape

Proceed with confidence. IMHO, 1Password is a "must have" item of software. Not
only is it a repository for all of your important passwords, it's also an
invaluable place to store all of those installation codes we collect and love
to lose over the years. It's also great for Credit Card details and other
important stuff, including secure notes. The true magic happens when you find
how it interacts with your web browser.

By default, 1Password stores its data in the Application Support folder in
your Library folder, in a secure keychain file, so only you have access to it.
Additionally, even you vannot access your 1Password data without a password.

 Optionally, you can elect to store this file in a Dropbox folder, but this
seems less secure to me. You can also sync your keychain data with 1Password on
an iPhone and/or and iPad. Same conditions apply.

FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer
Perth, Western Australia
Phone (618) 9332 6482    Mob 0403 046 948