> When you hover over the link [the bad one that looks good] doesn't it reveal
> the actual URL?

I'll check next time it happens, but it only happens now and again, an then you
can't duplicate it.

It's gotta have something to do with this googlesearchagent cookie, because
when it does happen, I notice the phrase Google Search Agent flash up somewhere
or other, all happens a bit quick, probably the status bar is where I've seen
it as the URL redirects.

I deleted the cookie again, and it hasn't yet come back. I tried to log out of
Google and back in again, to see if they would make the cooke reappear. The
only discovery there is that either Safari or Google doesn't let me log out.
All I get is "Please wait ..." - and at the end of that I'm still logged in.
More trickery no doubt.