Alan,

I often have the same happening with an eyeTV stick and a Mac mini that are
both at least 3 years old. However, it only occurs when I am watching live, not
when I watch the recorded version of the same show.

Next time it starts happening, hit the spacebar to 'stop' the program being
displayed. Don't worry, eyeTV will be storing the transmission in a buffer file
on the hard disk, so you won't miss anything. After 15s hit the spacebar again
to watch what is now a 15s delayed version of the program. That may eliminate
the problem as your Mac should then have enough time to both buffer the
program, which it does whatever you do, and to then display the program
smoothly.

If you leave a 8 min gap between receiving the transmission and watching it,
you will even be able to fast-forward over the ads on SBS during an average 1hr
show. Just another of the pleasures of eyeTV.

On 05/10/2011, at 3:43 PM, Alan Smith wrote:

> Hello all
>
> I have a recently installed an EyeTV DTT Deluxe (the micro sized one!) and
> experience very short irregular breaks in received sound and vision.  Perhaps
> two per minute, with problem on "all" channels.  These interruptions are not
> noticeable on my standard television set.   I changed from an internal
> antenna to a large rooftop antenna and problem persists.   Only difference is
> an improvement and stability in metered signal quality and strength.
>
> Is there something inherent in an iMac that would cause the breaks?   Would
> Airport cause some radio interference?  So far I have only watched live TV -
> no recordings made.   Do you think the breaks would be absorbed (digital
> catch up magic?) once recorded?
>
> EyeTV software is version 3.5.3.   iMac is 3.06 Ghz Intel Core Duo with 4 GB
> memory.   ABC 21 has 100 percent quality and 81 percent strength; SBS 33 has
> 100 percent quality and 88 percent strength.
>

> Regards, Alan
>
> Alan Smith
>  iMac 21.5" Intel Core 2 Duo 3.06GHz 4GB - OSX 10.6.8
>  iPad2; ATV2

Regards,

Ray Forma
Mob +61 (0) 428 596938