I am noticing persistent delays in accessing the POP server for email.  This is
on two separate computers (iMac and MacBook) both running the latest version of
Snow Leopard (OSX 10.6.8).   The iMac connects to the router/ADSL by ethernet
while the MacBook connects to the same router using Airport Extreme wireless
and moves to various locations around the home.   Router is a D-Link DSL-504,
some years of age but apparently healthy.  The delay is self resolving in that
mail is eventually sent/received without obvious intervention.   Maybe a router
firmware update needed?
I suspect that the problem is at my end though as far as I can see everything
is "normal" and as it should be.
I have taken this up as well with Westnet.
Any suggestions or comments would be welcome!
Severin Crisp