Hi Chris,

That is correct, the mouse requires more power than the Printer & SanDisk.
I’m not sure which MBP you have, you would need to supply more details, 15” or
17” & the Model Identifier: MacBookPro8,2 or what?

But you can look in System Profiler under Hardware - USB
To find System Profiler go to the Apple Logo (top left) > About This Mac -
click 'More Info’, then under Hardware > USB it will list your MBP’s USB Tree.
There you will see what each USB port is handling.