I HAVE DONE ALL THAT  sorry for shouting ;-( and still not working. I
am waiting for peter to come back from gadding about the world eating
all the food I would like to eat and will do an install of lion on a
fresh HD Thank you for your help . Every thing that can possibly go
wrong over last weeks has done so except the asteroid does not seem
to have landed in Woodlands which we are thankful for :-)

Mac