On 31/10/2011, at 3:40 PM, lynn...@westnet.com.au wrote:

> Hi guys
>

> my work has started rolling out the sales reps with thier ipad2s.
>

> they are currently using virtual microsoft (word, excel, etc)  suite on
> citrix.
>

> can they use pages/numbers to open microsoft suite documents (should they
> choose to), or should they stick with citrix?

Hi Lynn,

I don’t use Microsoft Suite, but this might be interesting to your people.

Extract below taken from: <http://www.ubergizmo.com/2011/03/ipad-2-review/>

/ Quote:

iPad for Business / Enterprise:

"With the recent addition of tools from Cisco, Citrix or WMware (the latter two
make Windows environments available to the iPad, via a server),
 the iPad, but also other tablets can become true business tools.

However, you need to understand the scope of it: in general, iPad will make you
more “mobile”.
It’s lighter and has a tremendous battery life when compared to most laptops.

However, don’t forget that it is mainly a “read device” by nature.
Anything that forces you to enter a lot of text, or manipulate a cursor with
extreme precision will be tricky.
Of course, you’ve seen demos of “Photoshop-like” products, or even CAD
(Computer Assisted Design) software running on iPad, but while they do
technically work, the productivity can’t be compared with working on a laptop.

On the other hand, if your job requires you to only read/access a lot of data,
iPad 2 and the tools mentioned above can help you.
I like Citrix and WMware a lot, when the situation is appropriate.”

/End Quote

17" MacBook Pro 2.3GHz Quad-Core i7 “Thunderbolt"
2.3GHz / 8GB / 750GB @ 7200rpm HD

OS X 10.7.2 Lion
Windows 7 Ultimate (under sufferance)