For some reason my time machine backup had decided not to work. Nothing has
changed in setup etc
It did this about a month ago then decided to work again.

I get various messages :

*The backup disk is not available.*

or
*The backup disk image “/Volumes/Data/mycomputername.sparsebundle” could
not be accessed (error -1).*

When I try to enter the time machine I now get

*An unexpected error occurred (error code -6584).*

I went to  Time Machine Preferences and re-selected my tm

I thought the disc might to overloaded and not deleting files but I can't
seem to do that manually

My husband's connection to the same time machine seems to be fine

MacBookPro5,5

  Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

  Processor Speed: 2.53 GHz

  Number of Processors: 1