Hi Rosemary,

Good news, but No Magic ;-) You would have Two Computers
(*computer.sparsebundles*) will show in Time Capsule/Time Machine backups as
you are backing up two computers to Time Capsule / Time Machine backups. Your
computer and your husband’s computer.

That is why I was trying to make sure you were selecting YOUR computer’s
sparsebundle NOT your husband’s.

You could not repair  the Time Machine backup, or delete the in.Progress file
if you were not selecting your computer's backups ;-)

After Time Machine has done its hourly backups today and then the ‘Daily’
backup that it does tomorrow morning.
Enter Time Machine and check that it is backing up everything.

Just keep an eye on it for a few days, as I am also a bit concerned if you are
backing up two computers to the 1TB Time Capsule and your backup (you mentioned
is 614.73GB …. doesn’t leave a lot of room for your Husband’s computer.

Check in Airport Utility > Manual Setup (or double click on Time Capsule in
left column) - select ‘Disks’
Time Capsule Disk: will show a Capacity: 931.5GB
Select Data: and please let me know what Capacity:  xxx.x GB

Available:  xxx.x GB

 Used:  xxx.x GB
For your Computer and your Husband’s please.