Hi Blitto,

The Yellow Submarine ebook is in ePub format and so it can be read in iBooks.
Currently Apple only supports the iBooks app on the iPhone, iPad, and iPod
touch. There is no reason why there couldn't be a Mac based viewer of ePub
items (an iBook app say) but for some reason it does not yet exist. Amazon has
versions of its Kindle reader for all devices, including Mac and iPad, and
syncs your library over the cloud.

Even if you find a third party ePub reader for the Mac, I suspect you will not
be able to view Yellow Submarine because of DRM. So the long and the short of
it is I believe the answer is yes, you can only view iTunes ePub material on
your iPad / iPhone -- at least for items that are protected by DRM. I hope
Apple remedies this shortcoming soon.

Cheers,
Carlo