I had a similar situation years ago with a MacBook which was covered by my
insurance company under household items. The MacBook was replaced under
insurance. I got to keep the old one. I let it dry out for a week or two then
tried to restart and YES it did. Just needed to dry out! Do you have household
insurance ? If not let it dry out maybe with a 'little' assistance. Eg a warm
room.cheers Doug.

Douglas Sheerer (MA Art)
Director
Galerie Dusseldorf