Hi Mac,

Are you able to see yourself in iSight (FaceTime HD Camera (Built-In) video
camera?
Do you have FaceTime turned ON?
You should be able to select the FaceTime HD Camera in Skype 5.3.59

Find out if your computer recognises the iSight (FaceTime HD Camera (Built-in)

In Lion, check System Information … found in Applications > Utilities > System
Information
Click USB under Hardware
Under the USB header, check to see if the iSight camera is detected. It will
show as FaceTime HD Camera (Built-in)

The FaceTime HD Camera  (Video & Audio) does work in Skype 5.3
1. Open Skype
2. Skype Preferences > Audio/Video
Have these settings selected:
Microphone:  Built-in Microphone (Internal microphone
Speakers:     Built-in Output (Internal Speakers)
Ringing:        Built-in Output (Internal Speakers
Camera:        FaceTime HD Camera (Built-in)

I can send you a screenshot offlist if you can’t follow the above settings.

<http://www.tuaw.com/2011/08/08/skype-5-3-adds-lion-support-hd-video-calls/>

<http://www.skype.com/intl/en-us/get-skype/on-your-computer/macosx/>

On 13/01/2012, at 5:13 PM, McCallum Malcolm wrote:

> They cannot see me(maybe we should leave it at that pleasant state of
> affairs)!
> Malcolm McCallum
>
> doc...@westnet.com.au
> Skype docmactor
>

> On 13/01/2012, at 1:07 PM, Susan Hastings wrote:
>
>> Are you not getting the other person's picture? Or are they complaining that
>> they cannot see you?
>>

>> Sent from my iPad
>>
>> On 13/01/2012, at 1:04 PM, Susan Hastings <susanhasti...@mac.com> wrote:
>>
>>> If the camera icon was green, that would mean it was already on.
>>>
>>> Sent from my iPad

>>> Settings & Unsubscribe -
>>> <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>
>> Settings & Unsubscribe -

17" MacBook Pro 2.3GHz Quad-Core i7 “Thunderbolt"
2.3GHz / 8GB / 750GB @ 7200rpm HD

OS X 10.7.2 Lion
Windows 7 Ultimate (under sufferance)