Hi Ronni

I have an H1 which is a very much poorer relation to the H4n.

The H1 uses a micro SDHC card which is the only drive (no pre-existing folders)
that shows in Finder.  I copied the file H1MAIN.bin to the Zoom to see if the
iMac had automatically extracted the zipped file I was expecting.  I then
followed the Zoom instructions (good English but very cryptic) to upgrade its
firmware to Vers.2.  (Procedure is a little different to the H4n.)  And it
worked!   Yes, "making sure it was unzipped" was not only unnecessary, but
misleading.

Another interesting thing about the Zoom H1 is that is supplies (and website
makes available) a brief "Quick Start Guide".  But a full users manual is just
not available at all!   I'll download the 20MB H4n manual one day to see if it
is "slow" guide and has any relevance to the H1.

In summary - I now seem to have a device with the latest firmware upgrade
installed.  Thanks for holding my hand through this exercise.

Cheers
Alan