Hi Alex,

The opening sentence appears to have no less that three factual errors in it,
but my thoughts on security will take more time to write down than I have at
the moment so I will leave that reply for another day.

On another front, however, you seem to be saying that Apple has treated you
shabbily over the Address Book Server affair. From what I can determine from a
quick search, Apple released Address Book in 2002 in Mac OS X v 10.2 Jaguar.
They released it under that name Address Book with an icon that was a brown
book with a white @ sign on the cover. You say your product came out around the
time of OS X 10.4 Tiger in 2007
was called Address Book Server and had as an icon a red book with a white @
sign on the cover.

I think you did well not to hire a a layer and challenge their demand that you
change your logo. I would guess there would be a strong case to be made that
consumers may well be confused as to origin of the your software and as to
whether it was in some way officially connected to Apple.

Cheers,
Carlo