Dear WAMUG'ians,

I have been reading the flurry of correspondence regarding Lion for
some time now, and really had to pluck up a lot of courage to finally
take the plunge. But ... I have not taken the full plunge possibly due
to my cautious nature which some might see as cowardice :), however
installed LION on my backup external FW disk.

My impression so far has been very, very good. I did expect some of my
'legacy' software to be non-functional, and had to purchase Vuescan to
be able to continue using my old Epson CX5300. Boy! am I glad I
followed the advice of so many of you in purchasing Vuescan. Works a
treat.Oh! and Safari is so blindingly fast. Haven't tried FireFox as
yet, hopefully it will be as good as it has ever been for me.

There are two things which worry me slightly though:

1. On doing Software updade immediately after installing Lion on my
previous OS X version, I had three updates to do, two being for
Apple's softwares and the third one being iMac EFI Firmware Update
1.8.I'm a bit reluctant to do the Firmware Update just in case it
interferes with Snow Leopard. I do not expect this to happen, but I am
not expert in these matters.
2. On launching Mail, it wants to upgrade my messages. Would not have
been a great problem, but I want to continue to use Snow Leopard for
some time as my main OS. So will not use Mail under Lion until I do
take the full plunge in the Lion's den. I do not know if my current
.mac account will still be in existence when Apple switches to the
Cloud for good, but will go through the archived messages - specially
Ronni's instructions, to refresh my memory on these matters.

All in all my first impression is that Lion is not as difficult as I
thought it would be. I guess I must expect to learn new things, but
then that's the beauty of being alive.

Kind regards to all and have a very pleasant Sunday afternoon,

--
J Philippe Chaperon
Perth, Australie Occidentale