Hello 'Muggers

I have been offered a session for myself and a few friends to participate in a
demonstration of Skype and a Webinar service including video conference, screen
sharing and file transfer.   As the host I am concerned about security of my
home Wi-Fi network and computer hacking.    I am not so concerned about Skype
"eavesdropping", which seems to be the official Skype focus when discussing
"security".

The demonstrator will use his laptop but connect to my home Wi-Fi network.  He
would like to contact his friends in Sydney and South Africa to demonstrate the
gamut of video conference features.   It is unclear if his laptop or my iMac
will be the primary communication device.

First security concern is about screen sharing and remote desktop control - and
other things I haven't heard about!  Is my computer data at any level of risk
during (or after) a Skype call or Webinar session from any of the participants?
 What can be done about it?

Second security concern is the demonstrator connecting his laptop to my
network.  And by extension, connection of my friends Wi-Fi devices too.  Can
this be done safely and easily, or must I change my complete
computer-modem-router password system to the ISP and mail servers immediately
after the demonstration?   A possible solution may be to buy one of those USB
data thingys that will give internet access to the demonstrator's (Windows?)
laptop and allow a few GB of data transfer.  Feasible?   Do these devices also
permit Wi-Fi/Airport networking?   I have a spare Airport Express that could be
used to create a temporary Hotspot.

I have been a very occasional user of Skype and have ver 5.0.0 installed (they
now offer ver 5.5.0).   It seems that I may have to purchase a monthly Skype
Premium plan to be able to have group video calls.   Their website shows this
option at XX Euros per month, but presumably the service is available in
Australia.

Regards, Alan

Alan Smith
  iMac 21.5" Intel Core 2 Duo 3.06GHz 4M - OSX 10.6.8
  iPad2; ATV2