Ronni,

I'm with you. I'm pretty sure my MBP would "go better" if I started from
scratch, but it's just so much easier to migrate/update. I've just
considered Macs much easier to do that with. Plus I worry about the things
it took me time to get set up and working may not work after a clean
install. It's funny coz I generally won't do that with a 'Windows' customer
for upgrades to make sure no old 'junk' comes across.

However, I think next week I'll get a new MBP, iPad3 and Apple TV, so it may
be time.....

Cheers,
Stuart

PS - Wouldn't it be good if we could do a personal "system" cleanse and
upgrade - clear out the old junk?   :-)

On 2/03/12 6:17 PM, "Ronda Brown" <ro...@mac.com> wrote:

> Hi Severin,
>
> My congratulations to you! Well done Prof.
>  I've been putting this off for the last three new MacBook Pros, my excuse
> being "I have not got the time to do a clean install and manually install the
> 1,000 applications; many that I would not be able to find the registration
> details for etc etc".
>
> I can hear Daniel screaming "Haven't you done that YET Ronni, you were
> definitely going to do it with the last MBP 2011"!  ... Perhaps he won't be
> able to scream with his sore throat... ;-))
>
> I guess when my MBP slows to a crawl I will be forced to do the System
> Cleansing.
> Or I might take a break from everything else and just 'Do it'... Just thinking
> about it makes my head hurt.
>
> It's time for a glass of champagne.
>
> Cheers,
> Ronni
>
> Sent from Ronni's iPad
>
> On 02/03/2012, at 5:53 PM, Daniel Kerr <wa...@macwizardry.com.au> wrote:
>
>> Yep, that's always the fun part.
>> But hey, we have to have some little tricks to our trade. Otherwise we'd be
>> obsolete,..well, as much as Apple want us to be,...lol ;)
>> It hides in your User Library. So on your backup drive, you need to go to
>> that directory then Application Support - Transmit. It will live in there.
>>
>> Hope that helps
>>
>> Enjoy
>>
>> Kind regards
>> Daniel
>> (whose about to go sit down from the horrible cold/flu he picked up,....)
>> Wonder if I can charge a client double for giving me that,....lol :)
>> ---
>> Daniel Kerr
>> MacWizardry
>>
>> Phone: 0414 795 960
>> Email: <daniel AT macwizardry.com.au>
>> Web:   <http://www.macwizardry.com.au>
>>

>> **For everything Macintosh**
>>
>> On 02/03/2012, at 5:48 PM, Severin Crisp wrote:
>>
>>> The real hassle is tracking down the little things.  Just found I needed to
>>> get the Favourites saved for Transmit and then find were they are!   Of
>>> course I could have laboriously entered them all at the keyboard
>>> Severin

>>> Settings & Unsubscribe -
>>> <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>

>> Settings & Unsubscribe -

Stuart Evans
T4 Technology

ALBANY
Shop 6, 69 Lockyer Avenue, Albany, WA, 6330
E> stuart.ev...@t4.com.au

BUNBURY
Unit 2/14 Rose Street, Bunbury, WA, 6230

P PLEASE CONSIDER THE ENVIRONMENT BEFORE YOU PRINT THIS E-MAIL
_________________________

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: DISCLAIMER

confidential or legally privileged
information or both. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by
any mis-transmission. If you receive
this correspondence in error, please immediately delete it from your system
and notify the sender. You must
not disclose, copy or rely on any part of this correspondence if you are not
the intended recipient.

Any opinions expressed in this message are those of the individual sender,
except where the sender expressly,
and with authority, states them to be the opinions of T4 Technology.

Neither the sender nor T4 Technology warrants that any communication via the
Internet is free of errors, viruses,
interception or  interference. T4 Technology disclaims all liability and
responsibility for any direct or indirect loss
arising from this electronic mail and any attachments. Information is
distributed without warranties of any kind.