Hi Stuart,

I created some time back when Lion was released a PDF Document explaining how
to:
Prepare for Lion - Install Lion and then what to do immediately after
installing Lion.

I prepared this document originally for my paying clients, but I have since
placed it on my support website and people can download if they wish.
I do very much appreciate a donation ;-) Preparing these documents take a lot
of my time.

The PDF is named  “Prepare for Lion-Installation-What to do after
Installing.PDF”

My website address is: ronnibrown.net
And the link for the page to download  this document is:

 <http://ronnibrown.net/Prepare_for_lion_OS_X_10.7.html>

If you do the Preparation and Installation and then what to do immediately
after installing Lion as I have explained in the document, you should not
experience any problems.