Hi Mike,

You don’t mention what OS X you are running.
Repair your Hard Drive & Repair Permissions.

If running Leopard or Snow Leopard:

Repair the Hard Drive and Permissions:

Boot from the Leopard or Snow Leopard Install DVD while holding down the "c"
key.

Select the language you wish to use, and then choose "Disk Utility" from the
menu bar.

Your HD should appear in a panel on the left hand side of the window which
opens.
Select it and then click on the "repair disk" button in the right hand section
of the window.

If DU finds any errors and repairs them … run it again until it no longer shows
any errors.

Once this process has been completed restart your computer and Repair
Permissions directly from Disk Utility.

If Disk Utility is unable to complete the repair, you will need to use a
stronger 3rd party utility like DiskWarrior, TechTool PRO (not Deluxe) or Drive
Genius.

If running  Lion OS X 10.7:

Boot into Lion Recovery Partition by holding down the Option Key on Startup
When you see your drives “Macintosh HD” & “Recovery HD” use your keyboard or
mouse to select “Recovery HD”.
When you have successfully booted into the Recovery Partition, select your
language, then select Disk Utility.
Then Repair Disk following the above instructions
When completed restart into your normal hard drive.
Use Disk Utility to “Repair Permissions.

If after doing the above you are still experiencing this problem, this “kext”
is possible third-party, that is, installed by non-Apple software and not part
of OS X. If so then there may be a compatibility problem between the software’s
inbstaller and the version of OS X you are using.