Hi Laura,

On 18/03/2012, at 12:20 PM, Laura Webb <el...@iinet.net.au> wrote:

> Good afternoon all
>
> Just to conclude the Missing Notes thread.
>
> The process of setting up my new iPad has restored the missing notes to where
> they should be. Where they went and why remains a mystery.

No great mystery as to where your Notes went and why ;-)

When I was helping you solve the missing notes on your iPad I kept asking you
questions about how you had your iCloud setup on your iPad as I was sure it was
not setup correctly, which we now know iCloud was not setup correctly on your
iPad.

As I mentioned early in our emails:
"The two iCloud Services you CAN’T Turn ON without a .me.com or .mac.com iCloud
Account are Mail & NOTES.

Notes are ‘maintained’ by Mail, they are part of Mail, even though on the iPad,
Notes might appear to you to be a separate service or App."

Now you have setup a @me.com account your Notes have reappeared from iCloud and
appear in Notes on your iPad as they should.

To see how this can happen with Notes in iCloud.
1.Settings > Mail, Contacts,Calendars
Then at the top of the right-hand screen you have Accounts
At the top of Accounts is your @me.com email address

2.Press your iCloud email address, then a screen appears with all items
Mail,Calendars,reminders,Bookmarks, Notes etc, these items can be turned ON or
OFF.

If you switch Notes to OFF, you lose all your stored Notes.
If you switch Notes to ON again, the lost Notes appear.

I hope this helps explain iCloud Notes sync to you.
Read the links that I sent to you about iCloud and how to setup iCloud on your
iPad in my previous emails. If you have any questions post back to WAMUG and we
will help you.

Sent from Ronni's iPad