Hi Adrian,

Yes I agree with Tim. On occasions an email server for one reason or another
will become unavailable. The problem could be local, with your router, slightly
further away with your ISP, or all the way to the server. Often just taking the
account online later will fix the problem.

As for the spinning wheel, this is because you deleted the account and IMAP is
re-syncing with the server. This process can take many hours depending on how
many emails you have stored on the server.

Cheers,
Carlo