Hmmmm. It's kind of everyone splitting hairs. You can call Vivid 4G
but it's not great coverage and not great speeds and note really what
you expect of 4G. At the end of the day the iPad doesn't support 4G
LTE and it will be either the next model(s) or we wait until 2015 when
700MHz becomes available.

I don't think that Apple were misleading. It's not too different from
the iPhone where we have 3G networks across the country on different
frequencies. We couldn't use an iPhone on Optus or Vodafone 3G in
Albany until the iPhone 4 because they used a different frequency. I
don't know why Apple branded the models that way. Maybe could have
just had iPad Wifi and iPad Wifi/Mobile  (obviously their marketing
dudes would come up with something sexier!).

Great publicity though huh?