Hi Callum,

Is this the first time you have backed up to this WD Drive?
It hasn't been password protected has it?

Try to Unmount the SmartWare CD.
Open Disk Utility
Select the SmartWare CD and Unmount it

I'm offline tonight, someone else might help otherwise I'll be back possibly
tomorrow sometime.

Sent from Ronni's iPad